Crystal City Fotowalk 2018 Open Call, Rules and Guidelines
Submissions will be considered for a travel-themed exhibition in the Summer/Fall 2018 Crystal City Fotowalk.
- You must be a resident of the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Images must be at least 3000 pixels on the longest side (JPG files are preferred).
- Submissions are allowed in batches of 10 photos at a time.
- Please name your files: LastName_FirstName_ImageTitle_1, LastName_FirstName_ImageTitle_2 etc.
- The theme of this exhibition will be focused on travel around the world.
- There is no device requirement for photographs. Submissions can be scanned film, digital photographs from mobile phones, DSLRs, rangefinders, scans of polaroids, etc.
- Exposed DC will curate the exhibition, selecting images from submissions received through this open call. Printing of the images included in the show will be handled by CCBID, and the show will be installed by Exposed DC at no cost to photographers.
- The exhibition will be up for approximately 6 months. Photographers will be provided an opportunity to pick up prints from CCBID after the show closes if they would like to keep their print(s). Photographers can also choose to have their prints recycled.
- Entrants agree that their work may be exhibited or shown during Exposed DC sponsored events, as well as on the Exposed DC website and promotional materials. The photographer retains complete control over the licensing and any sales of their work.
- Entrants agree that Exposed DC may reproduce and may allow reproduction of winning images in the Crystal City Fotowalk as well as in Exposed DC publications. Credit will be given to the photographer for any image(s) used.
- Entrants acknowledge that Exposed DC relies fully upon the warranties and license given by Entrants when submitting their entries for consideration in the Fotowalk 2018 Open Call. Entrants indemnify and hold Exposed DC harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs and expenses arising as a result of any allegation that the relevant Entrant did not own or is not wholly entitled and authorized to allow publication and reproduction of the work by Exposed DC.
- Deadline for entries is July 27, 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Photographers whose images are selected for the exhibition will be notified on or about August 10, 2018.