Exposed DC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that connects photographers of all skill levels with networking, mentoring, and exhibition opportunities. We partner with existing organizations to strengthen and cultivate the local photography community.
Exposed DC 2019 Contest Rules and Guidelines
Submissions will be considered for exhibit in our 13th Annual Photography Show.
- You must be a resident of the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Images must be at least 1024px on the shortest side (JPG files are preferred).
- Submissions are allowed in batches of up to 4 at a time, at a cost of $25 per batch. There is no limit to the number of batches allowed per entrant.
- Please name your file: LastName_FirstName_ImageTitle_1, LastName_FirstName_ImageTitle_2 etc.
- There is no device requirement for photographs. Submissions can be scanned film, digital photographs from mobile phones, DSLRs, rangefinders, scans of polaroids, etc.
- Winning photographers will submit a high resolution file of their winning image(s) to be displayed in the annual exhibition.
- Judging is a blind process. Photographers' names will only be disclosed to the jurors after the judging process has been completed. The decision of the judges of the competition shall be final and binding.
- The exhibit will be held at a venue to be announced.
- All winning prints will be on sale at the exhibition. Exposed DC will collect a 30% commission on sales. Entrants will be asked to set an edition number for their winning print; Exposed DC has Entrant's permission to sell the number of prints (framed) up to the total edition for the duration of the exhibit. More on pricing and editions.
- Any work unsold at the end of the exhibit run belongs to the photographer. Work not picked up by the photographer within 90 days of the exhibit's closing day is forfeited to Exposed DC. Entrant can give permission to Exposed DC to continue selling their winning image in our Square marketplace after the exhibit.
- Entrants agree that their work may be exhibited or shown during Exposed DC sponsored events, as well as on the Exposed DC website and in promotional materials for the show. The photographer retains complete control over the licensing and post-exhibit sales of their work.
- Entrants agree that Exposed DC may reproduce and may allow reproduction of winning images in Exposed DC publications. Credit will be given to the photographer for any image(s) used.
- Entrants acknowledge that Exposed DC relies fully upon the warranties and license given by Entrants when submitting their entries for consideration in the Exposed DC 2019 Contest. Entrants indemnify and hold Exposed DC harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs and expenses arising as a result of any allegation that the relevant Entrant did not own or is not wholly entitled and authorized to allow publication and reproduction of the work by Exposed DC.
- Deadline for entries is January 9, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Entry fees cannot be refunded, once submitted.
- Winners will be announced and notified on or about January 15, 2019.